A Bit About Us
At Pelican’s Nest Early Learning Centre, we understand all children and families are unique and we aim to create a welcoming environment where everyone feels safe, valued and happy.
Pelican’s Nest is a purpose built Early Learning Centre located in the grounds of Caloundra City Private School on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. We cater for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years of age and offer a government approved Kindergarten program. The service has its own Chef and provides the children with morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
Our curriculum is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) - a National Curriculum that has been developed for children in early education and care settings. The five learning outcomes (which form the basis of the framework) are used to guide children’s learning and to reflect achievements and goals set for the children, both as a group and as individuals. The EYLF encourages educators to look at children’s development holistically, as ‘physical, social, emotional, personal, spiritual, creative, cognitive and linguistic aspects of learning are all intricately interwoven and interrelated’ (EYLF, 2009, p. 9). Our beautiful location also allows us to combine technology and nature play theories in our Curriculum.
Being located in the grounds of Caloundra City Private School offers the ability for the children of the centre to access:
- The school library for borrowing books
- The School permaculture garden including the chicken and duck pens
- Exploring the school grounds and engaging in the school environment
- Exploring the bushland around both the school and the centre.
- A fantastic transition to school program – visiting the school grounds, amenities and the Prep classroom, our Kindy children are more than ready for their first year of school.